Sankt-Margrethen, September 14th 2017
Renault Megane TCR: Make the best use of the production car assets
Key technical partners on board
Website launch: www.vukovic-motorsport.com
The Vukovic Motorsport designed and built Megane TCR has been developed to optimize the excellent chassis qualities of the production model for an ultimate racing use. The combination of the standard suspension layout, known to give state of the art agility in the production cars and the chassis optimization, on torsion and strength, is giving a large set up potential for the best lap time performance and tire degradation management.
The aerodynamic study generates, at the front, the right level of downforce with optimized fresh air intake for the engine, while at the back, attention has been given to minimize the drag.
As soon as the authorization for the project was granted by Renault Sport, key technical partners with the same passion for quality and performance have paired with the Swiss tuner.
– BOSCH Motorsport oversees the entire electronics, including engine management, power box, dashboard and wiring loom
– 3 MO, the French high performance transmissions specialist has been selected and will provide their latest gearbox, with external slip differential set up device
– KW, the German shock absorber company is on Vukovic Motorsport’s side, with a dedicated development
– OZ Wheels will supply specific rims for the Megane TCR
– Lehmann Motorentechnik is in charge of developing the 1.8-liter engine in race track specifications. The renown Lichtenstein based engine tuning company will conduct a specific development that will benefit from the extensive turbo charger experience Lehman Motorentechnik has gathered over the years
While intensive work is carried out in the Sankt Margrethen (CH) workshop, the back-office team has created a fresh and new website (www.vukovic-motorsport.com) with direct access to the latest information and pictures. Further down, the portal will also be used to manage customer order intakes.
Renault Megane TCR TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
|BODYSHELL||FIA App. J, Art. 253.8.1.b compliant reinforced bodyshell with multipoint welded safety cage
High resistance steel & carbon
|Optimized for torsion|
|ENGINE||4 cylinders||1798cc (79.7×90.1mm)|
|Transversal||Direct Injection, Turbo|
|350 bhp / 420 Nm||194 bhp / l|
|Engine Management, Wiring Loom, Power Box & Dashboard||BOSCH Motorsport|
|TRANSMISSION||Front Wheel Drive||3MO Gearbox with external slip differential set up|
|STEERING||Electric Power Steering||Optimized Mapping|
|SUSPENSION||Front: Mc Pherson with 2 ways adjustable dampers, antiroll bar
Adjustable roll center and cinematics
|Rear: Torsion Beam with 2 ways adjustable dampers and antiroll bar|
|BRAKES (adjustable front to rear)||Front : 380 mm AP ventilated discs / 6 pistons callipers||Rear : AP disc / 2 pistons callipers|
|WEIGHT||1285 kg, inclusive driver, as per regulations|
|WHEELS||10’ x 18’||OZ Racing wheels|